26.6.10

Design Basics

A book by Joyce Rutter Kaye, which I don't really like so far. I'm a layman of design, that why I want a design basics book to introduce me something. However, I cannot see any basic things for me, so that I can learn, or practice.

Here is some excerpt from the book:

To promote the services of Stathouse, a pre-press service bureau, Mike Salisbury communications created a brochure that uses striking graphics based on tattoo designs to convey a message about the company's precision color and state-of-the-art digital capabilities.

That is the comment for some works, belongs to a chapter named "Layout". Can you see something about layout? And what can I learn from this comment? Nothing, at least so far.

Even more, at page 46, 48, 50, there are some web design samples which are obviously middle 90s design. What the hell? The book was published in 2002! Are you kidding me?

No comments: