20.9.13

Feeling good with Ext.JS

I like to build some simple tools to help me with some everyday work. So far most of my tools are non-UI, because I can't find a good way to build UI based Java application. As you know, Java sucks at this way.

I am not a web developer. However, as an architect, I have to familiar myself with all the layers, even though I am not going to be an expert for everything. Ext JS is the UI library my team is using. I've been thinking about learning Ext JS for a long time, but stuck with other tasks, mostly back-end related.

Today, when I looked at Ext JS's doc, I like it, especially when I enabled Full Window view. I am not sure how HTML5 and Javascript manipulate so local resources, like files, which I believe it can. But I think it can help me for many things.

No comments: