23.11.11

InfoQ: Opinion: Is Scala the new EJB 2?

InfoQ: Opinion: Is Scala the new EJB 2?


I heard a lot of good words about Scala all these years. So I was quite excited when I saw this post, saying some "BAD" words about it. It could make the world more balance, I think.

From this post, I also notice JSR 310, Date and Time API. That's interesting.

Stephen Colebourne's blog: Scala feels like EJB 2, and other thoughts


  • The Scala community is not tolerant of dissent.
  • Before I start I should mention that although I like the Fantom programming language, I also see merit in aspects of other languages - Groovy, Kotlin, Ceylon, Gosu, Xtend and many others. I also respect Clojure. By comparison, I really struggle to find positive feelings for Scala, and what positive feelings I have had have reduced over time. But why is that?
Since I don't have enough time right now, I would get back to this discussion later.




No comments: