21.10.10

Playing with Spring-Roo

Actually, I like this type of things. Editing XML configuration files for Spring or Hibernate does not really make sense to me, and most of time, just bothers me. And I really like command line things, although I hate Windows DOS prompt style command lines.

It is good for me to come with such a simple get-started page:

http://www.springsource.org/roo/start

Specifically saying, it is very good to finish my first trial by just looking at the following lines of things:

mkdir hello
cd hello
roo
roo> hint
roo> project --topLevelPackage com.foo
roo> persistence setup --provider HIBERNATE --database HYPERSONIC_IN_MEMORY
roo> entity --class ~.Timer --testAutomatically
roo> field string --fieldName message --notNull
roo> hint controllers
roo> controller all --package ~.web
roo> selenium test --controller ~.web.TimerController
roo> gwt setup
roo> perform tests
roo> quit
 
 

See what the narrator says here:


Wow! You've now got a webapp complete with JUnit tests, Selenium tests, a MVC front-end, a Google Web Toolkit frontend. Just use “mvn gwt:run” to play with the GWT client, or use “mvn tomcat:run” to start the Tomcat MVC front-end.


Yes, that is it! Although you might thing it is just a toy program, but it is the base for a real software, and I can build my things based on it.


And it is also good to have another simple blog page in Chinese to share me such knowledge:


http://herowzz.javaeye.com/blog/443059

No comments: