19.11.09

A Simple Configuration Manager Architecture



This is a simple configuration architecture I use for my small applications these days. I'm happy with it now.

I have
  • A Singleton Application Manager, which represent the business layer of my application information.
  • Configuration Manager is also a Singleton class, but not necessary to be Singleton. Application Manager is the only class which would have relationship with Configuration Manager. The later one is a reusable class, providing DAO implementations to XML based Properties accessing to configuration files.
  • Configuration items are represented by POJO/JavaBeans, provided annotation on each field.
  • Application Manager parses the configuration POJO and retrieve configuration items via Configuration Manager, and saves the POJO as configuration items via Configuration Manager.
Something more:
  • A DAO layer.
  • Spring
  • Apache Configuration

No comments: